Tilt window shoe from West Window double-hung

A quick learner from Heart of the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia says:
Marked 530CSB, Patent number 5704165. Measures 1 & 7/32nd" (1.2188) wide X 2 & 3/16th" (2.1875) tall X 1/2" (.50) thick. Metal curved "comb" at the top & door on back enclosing blue pivot button which, when rotated from its normal horizontal position, expands shoe, perhaps to stop shoe from sliding up or down track when removing sash. Many many thanks, Bob
User submitted a photo of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Check out our 15-046. This seems pretty close to your dimensions but give it a look and see what you think.

[Please read our response below for an amended suggestion.]

A quick learner from The Heart of the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia says:
I ordered the 15-046 that you suggested and the 15-015, which is a 32nd thicker. Mainly because the blue "button" is much closer to mine(the "guide" at the top of the pivot bar slot is thin, closer to 1/16th than the represented 3/32nd of the 15-046. No measurement of that "guide" in the 15-015 spec, might be that it just looks thinner because it blue. Anyway, many thanks and I'll let you know how it works out. Bob
A quick learner from blounts creek, nc says:

my 25yr old West windows pivot shoes are going bad. The photos in this thread are dead accurate. The old plastic shoe needs to be replaced but...

Not finding replacement parts and no reply from West windows, I have come up with a circumvention to the problem.

1. Cut off the bar tee projections (easy) and then grind the bar flat.
  2. Procure a 5/8 inch shoe measuring 17/32 X 1 13/16 X 1 9/32. Note the vertical length of the shoe is not critical.
  3. If you look at the photos originally posted here, you will see what was the problem: the bar that mated with the shoe had projections on each side making a 'tee'. I have never found a good shoe match for this. If you look at the photo, this particular shoe was made to accept the tee projection with cutouts extending into the shoe body- rare.

Removing the slight projections from the vinyl window bar, that mates into the shoe, makes it fairly easy to remedy the parts problem.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello there! This is a fairly old thread and our previous recommendation of the 15-046 is not what I'd recommend today. In the years after this post we have added the 15-219 to our catalog, which appears to me to be a much closer match to the original. Look it over and see what you think.

Dimensions for 15-219
Dimensions for 15-219

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.