Top Guide and better rollers

A handy person from Clermont, Florida says:
I need a replacement top guide, similar to your part 86-025 but mine is only 7/8" wide that must slide into the frame. Im also looking for better rollers, I have 1 1/2" PLPCI.net D 1822 rollers, look like your 81-261 product but they are so noisy Is there a replacement that has poly wheels? I need about 16 roller units and 10 top guides.
Another option might be adding track cover, but they seem in very good shape. Thanks for the help. Rick
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named TopGuide.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. For the roller, can you confirm the dimensions match the 81-261? I am afraid we don't have a different roller that would work as a replacement; in general with this hardware, you want to stick with what you originally had. However, noisy function can be a result of the wheels or track needing to be cleaned or even replaced.

I am afraid we don't have a closer match for the top guide. A local hardware store may be able to assist you. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

A handy person from Clermont, Florida says:
The dimensions are 1 1/2" tall and 3/4" wide. They expand as you lower the wheel from 2 1/4" to about 3". What about a double wheel option? My neighbor who has the same door had someone come out and replace his, they replaced them with double rollers. He can't remember if they were metal or nylon. Do you recommend nylon? These are 8' tall doors, pretty heavy. Thanks for the help.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I have a few other ideas for you to consider. We carry the 81-153 tandem roller, which might match up to your existing roller but you will have to make the final decision. We also have the 81-236 nylon wheel and axle kit 81-310 if you just want to replace the wheel. However, you say your doors are heavy and the nylon wheel might not hold up as well as the steel wheels. 

Also, a good idea would be to order a 75-077 to lubricate the track. On the top guides, I could not find one that matches up to your guide exactly. You will need to choose one that we've related for you and see if you can adapt it to your patio door. Thanks for posting! 

A quick learner from Cape Coral fl says:
I need top stabilizer guide for patio door
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16434831965675058414132867496078.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Looking at your photo it looks like you do have a type of nylon guide in the wool pile groove. Maybe they are worn. Take a look at the 80-045 top patio door guide to see if this would work on your patio door.

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO 75-077 Slider Slicker Track Lubricant
SWISCO 75-077 Slider Slicker Track Lubricant
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.