Top Sash Guide for S385-28" 2750 balance

A home owner from San Diego, CA says:
Hi, I have determined that we need to replace some of our channel balances with the S385-28" model. I also have a broken piece that screws into the top of sash that I think is called a Top Sash Guide. Pictures of a non-broken one in a window and of the broken one are attached. Is the 18-174 the correct guide to buy? Thanks for your assistance.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello, I think our 18-171 would make a better fit. It's the newer style of what you have now. As you can see they made the top part longer, but since the top sash guide goes under the sash top rail, you can just cut the top of the guide to fit under without any problem on the window performance.

A home owner from San Diego, CA says:
Okay thanks. I'll give it a shot.
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.