Top sash is jammed

A quick learner from Franklin, MA says:
Hi

Can you please take a look at the photos and recommend the replacement parts? From descriptions and measurements listed, looks like 15-167 and 26-451 are the ones, but I am not positive.

Also, as you can see in the picture, top sash's pivot bar is disengaged from that broken shoe. As a result the sash is jammed and I am unable to move. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
SatCha
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pivot Bar Housing.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Broken Pivot Shoe.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Piviot Shoe.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The 26-451 definitely looks like a match, but I'm less confident about the 15-167. Your shoe looks like it might be wider than 1". You'll have to remove one of the originals to confirm. The 15-129 is 1-1/4" wide and might be a better option.

As for the jammed sash, I'm not sure what to suggest here. Are you still able to tilt the sash in to remove it? If not, you'll have to see if you can slip the pivot bar back in the cam, broken though it may be.

Thank you Tom. I have ordered both to avoid another virtual trip.

Regarding the jammed sash, it is in closed position (all the way to top of the frame). To tilt I need to slide it down which is where I am having trouble. Could it be because the sash and frame are not perfectly aligned due to one pivot shoe being in completely disengaged position (circled red in attached photo)?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Top_Sash_Closed.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I'm surprised that the top window sash is held up even though only one side is connected to the pivot shoe. That's probably why it's jammed. Try pushing the sash to the side that is still connected to the pivot shoe and then pull it down evenly. See if that loosens it up.

Thank you Paul.

Though the pivot shoe is still connected to pivot bar, the housing is broken on the connected side as well. Because of that shoe stayed in locked position. Had to use nose pliers and small screw driver to maneuver pivot bar to open position. Found another window in similar state and fixed that as well. I did not have to replace the shoe for second one

These parts ended up being the right ones for my repair
- 26-451, Pivot bar housing
- 75-005, Spiral Balance Charging Tool
- 15-167, Pivot lock shoe
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Great, I'm glad to hear you got it worked out! Thank you for ordering from us and please let us know if you had any follow up questions.

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.