Traco Balance

A home owner from Virginia says:
Could?t remove the balance b/c it will require removing the entire window and didn?t have time as my time was limited in Florida but will return in Aug/Sep timeframe. Again my time will be limited so can?t wait to order. I live in virginia and this is our winter home in Florida. Also need a replacement flat aluminum that you pull out to remove the non-tilting sash. Will need two of each. Thanks.
Traco balance sticker
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I cannot determine what you have just based on this sticker. Traco has used all kinds of different balances over the years and across the country. Without seeing the balance itself, there's no way for us to know what you need.
A quick learner from Virginia says:
I also attaced the best picture i was able to get of the balance without taking out the window, did it not help? Also looking for the aluminum clips that ste pulled out to take out the sash. I?m attaching it again.
channel balance
Profile picture of Tom
I'm sorry, I didn't get this picture initially. It gives a little more information, but not much. I can only see the stamp in your photo. That indicates the strength of the spring, but it does not indicate what the Series might be in any way. Comparing the nylon caps on either end of the balance is the only way to know what balance will replace yours. You can see our selection here.
A quick learner from Florida says:
Thanks for your reply. My last attempt to see if you can help. Found out the windows were purchased at home depot Sku 512-056, 37x38 3/8 wht gry impact. Again, thanks for sharing your insght.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I am afraid I can not tell what balance series your Traco window is currently using. What I can tell is that your metal channel is 18" and the spring weight will be 1770 based on your stamping of "17 DS 29" which holds a sash of 25-29 pounds. Our 16-002 metal take out clip would replace your existing clip. We placed some media guides on this page for you to review. It will show you how to remove your balance and allow you to identify the balance series that could be used as a replacement.
A quick learner from Florida says:
Thanks. Here?s my problem I live in Virginia and the window is in Florida. The installer did not do a very good job of installing...not plumb, so i have to take out the window completely. My next visit to florida is not until August so how fast can a product be shipped after it?s ordered? Shain appreciate the support your team has been providing and will save the videos.

Sam
Profile picture of Tom
We offer many delivery options, though it would depend on the balance itself. There's always the chance you have something that has to be specially made. I can't know without seeing a clear photo of each nylon end. That is the only way this kind of balance can be identified.
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify a replacement channel balance
How to identify a replacement channel balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.