Truth 41011 on long arm

A handy person from THERMOPOLIS Wyoming says:
Need to replace or repair 5 casement operators. They are all made by truth and are dual arm. The piece with the elbow is about 4 and 7/8 inches. the piece with the long arm has a number on it which is 41011. Is that enough information for you to identify the operator and give me a price period? I think the window is Traco view-safe and is PVC.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20201208_152548.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

This looks like either a 39-253LB or 39-438B to me. The difference between these two operators is shown in the video below.

A handy person from Wyoming says:
We think our windows are the 39-253 model that needs the 39-529 part.

We are having a problem removing the operator.
1. The six screws are removed but the operator feels like it is still attached. Any ideas?
2. How do we unhook the long arm from the window frame? Pushing down on the arm hasn't popped the arm free.
3. Our window is vinyl and it seems like the operator should slip through the hole in the vinyl and be pulled into the room.

If it is easier to talk on the phone, call 307 851 5064.
Thanks, Carol

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hey there. It depends on which operator you have--that will determine how to free up the long arm from under the window sash. If you have the 39-438B with the fixed slider shoe at the end of the long arm you will need to slide it out at one end of the track at the bottom. If you have the 39-253LB then you should be able to pry off the 39-529 off the end of the operator long arm. Try using a flat blade screw driver between the slider shoe and operator arm. You might also be able to slide out the shoe on either end of the window track. Let us know if you have further inquiries. 

A handy person from Wyoming says:
Ok. Thanks. Could you coach us on removing the operator 39-253? (The six screws are removed.)
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Take a look at the video below which shows how to remove and replace casement operators. This is for a different style, but the principles should remain the same. 

A quick learner says:
You guys did great! I ordered the operator, cover/handle and track slider for one window. It was the correct replacement. I have now ordered the remaining 4 replacements. By the way the other posts clued me to the need for a new cover and handle.

Thanks for your help and accuracy.
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Comparing the 39-253LB & 39-438B Operators
Comparing the 39-253LB & 39-438B Operators
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.