Truth Casement Window Operator (Manufactured around 1989)

A home owner from Western New York says:
I need a replacement for this Operator. It is a single arm 13.5 inch and it latches on the left. I think it is similar to your model 39-013 but I'm not sure. It has 4 screw holes and the distance between the two top holes is ~3 inches. The slide the window moves on has the number 30744 and on the back of the operator it says 34 LH. The color is hard to describe but it looks like a dull metallic grey.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0592.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0594.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I agree that the 39-013 is close, but ours has a wheel at the end, not that square slider. That's a style that hasn't been made in a long, long time.

If our part is to work, you'd presumably have to replace the track as well. See the 39-505. Would you have room on your sash to install this?

Hi Tom

Thank you!

My track is a bit different in size. Mine is 11 5/8 long, 1/2 inch tall and 3/4 wide (where the wheel would slide). Do you have a track closer to my size? If not, I can make the track you suggested work. Would I be able to use my old handle on the 39-013? If not I would need that too. Can I order through you or should I just order off the website? Really appreciate your help!
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I also agree that you should be able to get the 39-505 track to work with your window. The dimensions are not that far off. As for the handle, I would suggest ordering a new handle to match the color of the new operator. Take a look at the standard 39-114L and the fold down type 39-205

Will do...thanks! Also, thanks for sharing the videos. I am ordering the parts today.
Received my new parts today and with a little adjusting to fit them to a 30 year old window they work perfectly. Very happy and appreciative of all your assistance.
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.