Truth Window opening operator

A quick learner from CA says:
It is not easy to remove window handle brown cover. Is it part of system and I need to remove window wood sill member to be able to remove cover with operating system? Thanks for your help
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220327_165150700.PORTRAIT.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It's entirely possible that your cover cannot be removed at all, actually. Some older versions of this operator were designed so that the "cover" was permanently affixed to the base; if was in effect the base itself.

Newer operators like our 39-253LB and 39-438B don't have that issue, as their covers are separate pieces. 

A quick learner from CA says:
In this case, How can we remove the cover & operating system without damaging the window sill wood? The operating system does work (does not close/open) The cover is not plastic and it is difficult to break it.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

If the wood sill trim is blocking access to the screws, then you will need to pry that off before you can remove the operator mechanism. You're right to be worried about the wood cracking, that's definitely a concern. It's happened to me and I was none to happy about it. The only advice I can offer you is to go slowly and methodically, prying it off a little at a time. 

The video below shows you our preferred method. The operator system featured in the video is different, but you can largely ignore that part. Just focus on how we remove that trim.

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Comparing the 39-253LB & 39-438B Operators
Comparing the 39-253LB & 39-438B Operators
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.