Truth tie bar part 11916

A home owner from Colorado says:
Do you have a tie bar that matches Truth part # 11916 (referenced in this document: https://www.truth.com/technical-support/catalog/HW17%20Maxim%20Lock.r10.pdf.pdf)?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That document doesn't really give us the information we need to determine a match. I could be overlooking it, but we need to know how many rollers it has and what style rollers they are. It would be best if we get detailed photos of the tie bar you have now.

A home owner from Colorado says:
First -- I don't have the original tie bar unfortunately. I've backed out its dimensions from the keepers on the window. I have attached two photos of a similar tie bar to show the nature of the "rollers" (lock points?).

From what I can tell the total tie bar length should be 34.9" There should be 3 rollers (lock points). The distance between the outermost rollers should be 31". The distance between the "first" and center roller should be 16". There should be a small "eyelet" to be compatible with the locking arm for a part like # 38-091.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20201006_140316215.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20201006_140323606.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you for getting back to us. Based on your description, it sounds like the 38-962 is our best match. I cannot guarantee this will work for you, though, I can only tell you that it is the same length and has the same number of rollers. Whether those rollers are the appropriate style is not something I can gauge.

A quick learner from NY says:
There are only two (2) rollers on the rod. The rod is 31 in long. The tie bar is 1x3/4 in.

Dos this help?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Latch_20201022_150724_Truth.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Rod_20201022_150825_Attached_to_OpenClose_Handle.j
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Rod_20201022_153519_Bottom_31in.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named TB_20201022_155551_Back_3fourth_in.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Crank_Arm_20201022_150840.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you. Looks like your tie bar has cone rollers, so the 39-962 definitely won't work. The only other part we have that might is the 38-916, but this has 3 cone rollers, not 2. We unfortunately don't have anything else in this size that could work. If the 38-916 can't do it, we have nothing else that will.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.