Trying to identify old window balance

A home owner from Sunderland, MA says:
Hello,

I'm struggling to find a replacement or id my current (broken) windows balance. The house was built in 1986 and I believe these are the original wood sashes.

Any help greatly appreciated! The only marking is B.S.I 24. The metal piece is 25" long.

Best,
Sean
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EF5D6877-A74B-4614-9796-2ED1F9BA4458.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 27A34A13-B985-4058-BB0E-BE68DA503901.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 28F44254-88A4-4F21-9529-1972DF2084E0.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Sean.

Your balance looks like our S751-25 which comes attached with the 15-014 shoe. You'll also need to weigh your sash on a scale and refer to the chart under the product description to determine the correct spring strength option for your hardware. Look over the specifications for this part, along with the related video, to see what you think. 

A home owner from Sunderland, MA says:
Wow, Emily -- I think you nailed it. I ordered 2 to check. What a great service!

Thanks much,
Sean
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

You got it, Sean! I'm always happy to help. If you need anything else, just let me know!

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.