Tube balances

A home owner from Queens new york says:

To whom it may concern;

I am trying to determine the correct color tips for Tube Balances. All my windows have he same color tip. Window are metal with 2 glazing inserts, sizes range from 14" x 23" to 36" x 30". I am afraid to remove the units and weigh them due to the fact that if the Balance Pivots break, I will be unable to get the window back in the sash. The windows are in an apartment building so I guess they are commercial grade.

Perhaps I need not worry, I do not fully understand the design criteria for choosing the correct resistance based on the unit weight, but do you have any guide lines I can use to possibly or only several Tube Balances.

In one upper window both Tube Balance have failed and the window can't open without dropping to the windowsill, this window is 30" x 33".

Thank you in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide during these hard times.

Maurice 

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

The tip color indicated the tension the spring requires to keep your window up based on the weight of your sash. You can either choose the same tip color as your previous balances or you will need to weigh the window sash and follow the chart under the product description for the balances you plan on ordering to choose the correct tip color. Also, keep in mind that spiral balances do not come charged, so you'll need to order a charging tool for them as well. We will also relate some videos and information that you may find helpful during the replacement process. Thank you!

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

If you're not sure which spiral balance you need at this point, we'll need to see a picture of the full balance removed from the window, as well as the length of the metal tube. The tip colors only indicate the strength but does not indicate the correct replacement. You can view our three-step identification here in the meantime. 

A home owner from Queens new york says:
Thank you, but where do I find the chart? Can you supply the link? As I said before, all windows have the same tips, they range in weight from 18 lbs to 40 lbs.

Thank you.

Maurice
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify a replacement spiral balance
How to identify a replacement spiral balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.