U-shaped pivot bar

A quick learner from Massachusetts says:

L 2 1/2" X W 5/16" X H 3/16" Steve the first hole is 1 3/8" from the long end and the second hole is 2" from the long end

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! See our 26-040, I think this could work well for you.

Yes thank you that should work, I can cut that at 2 1/2? and drill the hole I need at 1 3/8?
Profile picture of Tom

I don't know if all that would be necessary.

As long as you used the 2" screw-hole to fasten our pivot bar, I would think you would be safe just using one screw. And as long as you use the 2" screw-hole, you'll have the same 2" protrusion to meet the pivot shoe. Any extra length from the back end will sit inside a hollow in the sash, out of sight.

Does that sound right?

no the pivot shoe's second hole at 2" is beyond the stop of the housing
, the pin does not go through the back of the pivot housing, the only screw that holds the pin is at 1 3/8', I ordered the pins #26-040 and ordered left and right pivot housings #26-117 and 118, i'm hoping those are the correct housings and I will still modify the pins.
Profile picture of Tom

Ah, I see. The pivot bars meant to go with the 26-117 and 26-118 actually aren't made anymore. We did carry them at one time but our stock ran out after they were discontinued. The 26-040 may possibly work with them, but I've never personally tried it. You can alter it though, if necessary. Please let us know how it works out.

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.