"Unique" window balances wont keep windows open

A home owner from USA says:
this is a new discussion. I was having trouble with the online help form. I have some windows that won't stay open. The balance clips have unique stamped on the bottom of them. The tubes are all 3/8" and the long tubes measure 30" the short tubes measure 18". Ill need 8 of each if you can help me identify the parts I will need. Thank you for your help!!
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello! Hopefully we can help. We don't have this exact kind of balance, as it's no longer made, but we believe you can substitute with our Series 500 spiral balance and 17-012 bracket. Look this hardware over and let me know what you think.
A quick learner from Mobile says:
I placed an order #1027109. I received the order and everything looks like it will work except the brackets. The portion of the bracket that attaches the bracket to the actual window is too wide by a 1/16th of an inch maybe, and the screw holes don?t line up. If you could please let me know if there is another option that will work with the balances that I ordered. You can contact me at. 251-709-4639
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
If you found that the Series 400 you purchased worked, see our 17-031 bracket. This is compatible with the Series 400 spiral balance.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.