Uniquie 26-C-30 Balance

A professional from Brooklyn NY says:
Need to find a substitute for Unique balance pictured.
It is stamped 26-C-30 channel is 27"
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2795.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2796.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2797.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us! At first glance, I thought you had our Series 751 balance. You appear to have the same style shoe as ours. However, then I noticed that your metal channel is squared off, not ribbed. That's an important difference.

This basically means that we'll have to supply this balance as a custom order. We'll need to Frankenstein some parts together to get you a functional replacement. I'm thinking of using our S770-27, but swapping the metal tab at the bottom for our 15-014 shoe. Does that look good to you? Note that our S770-27 installs at the top using a screw. If yours uses a different method, we need to see it.

Assuming I'm right, can you also tell me the weight of your sash? I'm tempted to just go with the 27C option, but since ours uses a different rating system than yours I want to be 100% sure we're getting the right spring strength.

Can you also tell me how many you need?

Once I have that information, I'll email you an order link and price quote for the requested quantity.

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.