Various Glass Door Parts

A quick learner from Hendersonville NC says:
Looking for handle and rollers for sliding glass door
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We should be able to help you out but I need more information before we move forward.

Concerning the handle, I would first like you to tell me the distance between the two screw holes (center to center). It should be 3-15/16" but it can't hurt to check. I would also like to see the mortise lock that it engages with. That will allow me to find a handle for your door that is compatible with the existing hardware and will not require drilling new holes.

You won't like this next part, but I need you to remove the roller from the door before I can make a recommendation. I know that's more of a project than you had in mind without having the parts on-hand, but there is no other way. That's just how these doors are designed and it has to be done.

Once the roller is out, show me a photo of the back end, top, and sides. Dimensions would also be a huge help.

Working on getting door out, but the door does not have wheels just adjustable sliders. The sliders ride on the track.
Profile picture of Tom

It would be very odd for doors like these to not have rollers. These are heavy glass panels so just having guides instead of wheels would make these extraordinarily difficult to open and close. To be honest, these doors can sometimes be tricky to open and close even with wheels, so I can't imagine how hard it would be without any at all.

I'm afraid the only way to know for sure is to remove the door entirely. Please try your best. If you are still having trouble then you may want to contact a local professional to come out and see to the repair.

These are the rollers on the door. They are in good shape, but do you carry these?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FF15E85A-F931-4BFB-8A48-97BACCDD8DAE.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! I recognize this roller. There was only one part ever made that had that "tread" style setup, but it was made obsolete years ago. I still see them on customers' doors from time to time but you're not going to find this on a store shelf any time soon. They just aren't made anymore.

I've never tried it myself, but a friend of the company told me that the 81-279 works well as a substitute despite how different it looks. Some things to keep in mind, though, are that the adjustment screw is higher than the original. You will need to shim the roller to get it to align with where the original screw was. You may need to play around with it during installation to get it to fit right but it is a confirmed replacement and our go-to recommendation for this door.

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.