Various parts I need for my window

A home owner from USA says:

So I need 6 of the 27" and 2 that are 14" on the channel balances. I'm pretty sure they are the 385 series. I need 3 of the locks, 90-077A. I found them on your website, but I also need the piece shown that fits in the window itself. I need 4 if you have them. If you don't, can you direct me to a site that does? I live in zip 81003.

Please let me know and I will call Wednesday and order the whole lot.

Thank you for your help.

Laura

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image1.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image2.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image3.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image4.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us, Laura. I'm afraid that our Series 385 will not replace that balance. You have a specific type that will have to be a special order.

Since you need two different sizes, can you confirm that the nylon fittings are identical between them? Can you also show me a picture of the metal hook at the end of the cord for each one? That's a very important detail, but the hook appears to be missing from yours. I will also need the stamp printed on each one.

Finally, can you confirm the length of the metal channel? These balances typically have lengths that end on a 5/8", not a full inch.

As for the keeper for your lock, see our 90-282. I'm not sure if you also need our top sash guide, but see our 18-171.

Thanks, I'll get on that this weekend
I remeasured, don't know where I came up with 14". I found it to be exactly 18", (X's 2). The 27" are indeed a tad short, like 26 11/16. Will send more pics. Could only send 5 at a time.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpeg
And thanks for the help. I'm a retired nurse, this is definitely new to me.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2640  BSI stamp balance
Profile picture of Tom

Huh, that's odd. You're showing us two different balances now. One appears to have a standard 15-001 bottom shoe while the other one is the special type that I mentioned before. So, just to be clear, the 18" balances are the ones with the normal 15-001 shoe and the longer balance is the one with the special shoe. Do I have that right?

The 18" balance may very well be our Series 395. I don't see anything special about it at all. Look this over and let me know if you agree.

We're still looking into the special balance, but your photos were a huge help. I hope to have an answer for you very soon. Please bear with me a little longer as I confirm its availability, and in the meantime let me know if you agree about my Series 395 recommendation for the shorter balance.

Profile picture of Tom

Okay, we have everything we need for the longer balance. This will be a special 26-5/8" long metal channel with that unique shoe and hook at the bottom. Also note that our newer version will have tabs on the top and bottom nylon fittings, but it will still work the same way.

I'll email you an order link and price quote right now for 6 of these. Let me know if you have any questions!

So, I put those 6 special ones in my cart and the 385 series 18" strength #1720. I decided on the lock 90-077A. It looks right. Last question, in my first set of pictures is a plastic piece on the frame of the glass, any idea what it is? Mine is broken and I don't know it's function. I fibbed, another question, do you carry TFE dry lubricant spray for vinyl Windows? My brother is a contractor and swears by it. Anything like that you swear by?
Thanking again, L
Profile picture of Tom

Awesome, that sounds good to me! Please let us know how that hardware works out, or if you have any questions.

As for the plastic piece you mentioned, looking at your first batch of pictures you're either referring to the top sash guide, for which I recommend our 18-171, or the lock's keeper, for which I recommend our 90-282. Let me know what you think, or if you were referring to something else.

Finally, I'm afraid we do not sell lubricant, but in my experience any brand silicone spray will work very well.

I got it, it's the sash guide. I'm getting 8, it's a very dry climate and things will crack as I move them.
I'm going with the TFE, I can get it at a local hardware store.
Now, I click the order button, eeeks!
Thanks for all the help.
Did I tell you I found you through you tube (how to fix a window kinda deal)? Then I was at a festival and there were window companies. All three recommended you.
Here I go...
Profile picture of Tom

That's great! I'm very glad those companies recommended us. I only hope that we were able to help you on this project. Thank you very much for considering us and please feel free to reach out if you ever have any questions in the future.

I just might once I get the parts, but your videos are really helpful.
I have one original double hung wooden window left, and I'm studying up on how to repair it.
This was a great "shopping" experience
Got my order today. One window already repaired and a lock replaced. Woot!
I found the dry lubricant by WD40. PTFE. It is amazing.
Profile picture of Tom

Awesome! I'm very happy to hear you got your window working again. 

Thank you once again for your business, it means a lot. If you ever need anything else, you know where to find us.

Three windows done. I feel like Mighty Mouse! The locks are perfect, too.
So far, according to various replacement estimates I received, I've saved about $3K.
I speak the name SWISCO with reverence, and have told others of your wondrousness.
Woot
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Woot indeed! Glad it all worked out for you; our goal is to always help you repair your doors and windows for a faction of the cost! We are always pleased to have word of our business spread, so many thanks for your kindness. Let us know if you need anything else, ever.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.