Verifying correct replacement shoes, pins, and sash releases

A quick learner from USA says:

Hi,

We have 4 tilt windows and most all the shoes need to be replaced. We would like to order replacement shoes, pins and sash releases but are not sure of the correct replacement parts and are hoping you can help.

Attached are pics of the shoes, pins and sash releases.

The shoes looks to be about 3/4 " wide and about 1-1/4" long.

If you would, please let us know what questions you have and we would be happy to get more information to you for the correct replacement part numbers that are needed.

Thank you.

Julie

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230414_102047.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230414_102126.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230414_123843.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230414_123853.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230414_124008.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your shoe was recently discontinued but we have received confirmation from other customers that the 15-177 will work as a replacement. This Picot shoe is used with the Series 152 coil springs and related items listed on our product pages. The pivot bar reminds me of the 26-030 but take a look at the dimensions below to confirm. 

As for your tilt latch actuator, I would recommend removing an undamaged one from one of your windows to compare to the specifications shown on the 26-119, 26-234, and 26-235 product pages. Take a look and thanks for posting! 

Alternate image for 15-177
Alternate image for 15-177

Detail of 26-030
Detail of 26-030

Alternate view of 26-030
Alternate view of 26-030

A quick learner from USA says:
Thank you for the information. I have another question for you on the coil springs based off an article I read on your website about the possibility that the coil spring may also need to be replaced. Can I use the existing housing for the coil spring or should this be replaced as well? The tilt windows were purchased from All Weather Seal in Michigan approximately 15 - 20 years ago.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil Spring assembly for tilt window.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

You should be able to reuse the original coils and support parts as long as they are still in good condition. If you'd prefer to err on the side of caution, see the 15-143, 15-144, and 15-145

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.