Vertical sliding windows

A quick learner from New Zealand says:
We recently purchased a home with fisher aluminium joinery and most have vertical sliding windows(top pane slides downwards)A couple of the channel balances have broken recently and i have identified them as S390-33 with 3250 option.The problem i have is there was no sign of any take out clips as such.Do some windows not have them at all.Before i place an order thought i should ask.Also are there cheaper freight options to New Zealand.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I don't know of any window that uses the S390-33 balance that doesn't also have take out clips of some kind. I don't know how else you would take the sash out without them. Are there any holes at all? They should look like two small rectangular holes, one on top of the other. A common take out clip is our 16-002. Could this work for you?
A quick learner from New Zealand says:
Thanks Tom.After watching your video over and over again.I found that all my windows had no take out clips but i noticed a small hole in the channel of all windows.I place a self tapping screw in leaving 1/4 inch sticking out and it worked a treat.Must have been a NZ quick solution.I need 4 S390-33 3250 option and 4 that have different number stamped on them(32DS bsi mm 45)They are from a heavier window but are same length and same shoes.Thanks again for your help
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, great. That's actually a popular temporary solution we use whenever a balance has to come out but no take out clips are readily available.

For your second balance, I would start with our 3275. I would wager that your sash weight is 45 pounds, based on that stamp, and our 3275 can carry 42 through 45 pounds. See what you think.
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.