Viking Balance Springs

A handy person from Arnold, CA says:

I need 2 of each of these balance springs for vinyl Viking windows. The measurements:

Shorter one = 18 1/32" (marking on the back = 1620 BSI/BL)

Longer one = 30 1/32" (marking on the back = 2830 BSI/BL)

I have ordered from you before.

Tom

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Swisco.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Welcome back, Tom. These are Series 395 channel balances, for sure. The "1620" is usually for a 17" balance, though. And "2830" is usually for a 29" balance. Check the lengths of your balances, but this time, just measure the metal bar. I bet you'll come out with 17" and 29". Let me know if not.

If so, though, choose S395-29 and S395-17. You'll even find that those are offered in the "1620" and "2830" options that you had originally.

A handy person from Arnold, CA says:
Ben,

You are so correct on measuring just the metal! I just ordered 4 balances, thank you very much!

Tom
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

No problem, Tom! I'm glad to help.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.