Viking Window Balances 2230

A quick learner from Portola, CA says:
Hi, I need 2 viking window balances, stamp 2230, 23" long. But I don't know which series to use. The top appears to be 19-005. But the shoe is not exactly the same as 15-001 or 15-002. The shoe on my broken balance is 1 and 1/16" at the widest horizontal dimension. Whereas the 15-001 is 1" and the 15-002 is 1 and 1/8". The shoe on my balance appears to be a slightly different shape than 15-001 or 15-002. I think you'll notice it in the photos. Please advise as to which series to order. Thank you.
User submitted photo of their window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Your shoe seems pretty typical. Keep in mind that they wear down with age, so although you are measuring 1-1/16", it may have once been a little larger. I think our 15-001 shoe would work. See our Series 395 channel balance for a possible replacement.

I should also note that Viking has been known to use our Series 385 channel balance, instead. Even though this has wings on the shoe, it shouldn't interfere with the performance of the window. All those wings do is help center the balance for easier sash installation. Whether you go with the Series 395 or Series 385 is a matter of preference.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.