Viking window - left and right guides broken

A handy person from LIncoln CA 95648 says:
need replacement parts. movable window is 29 1/8 in, total window heigth 58 in.

I can't see a part number. I have two of these windows. One works fine
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Markham_Window1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Markham_Window2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Markham_Window3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Markham_Window4.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm not sure what it is you're looking for, exactly. If you needed the top piece you show in your last photo, I'm afraid that we cannot help. That part is called a sash stop and we don't have anything that matches this style.

If you needed anything else on this window, we will need you to remove an undamaged version ahead of time and show us a photo of it by itself. That will allow us to match it up to something in our inventory.

A handy person from CA says:
String which goes over pully broken, hook attached to end of spring missing.

Both left and right side. Also the little spring steel clip in the window frames to release the spring are missing.

If you have complete, assembled parts, I would like to order those. I don't have the manual dexterity to repair these.

For Viking windows, Part NO 2840 GK. both left and right have the same part number. So I need 2 each. thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200629_115448230.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200629_115451397.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200629_115459849.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200629_115503245.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200629_133108734.jpg
A handy person from CA says:
channel is 29 inches by 9/16. This is a double pane - 46 wide X 30 high window, so it's heavy. the largest one in the house.
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! Looks like you need new balances. Based on your photos, your balance resembles our S395-29. This has a 19-005 top and 15-001 bottom nylon fitting; as long as those match up then you should be good to go. The take out clip would be the 16-002. You may also find the videos below helpful.

A home owner from Oregon says:
I have a similar problem with my window. The string broke at the clip. Is it possible to just replace the string? How would I do that - what kind of string is it?
Profile picture of Tom

It is not possible to replace the string by itself, unfortunately. If that has broken then you need an all new channel balance entirely. 

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.