Vinyl window spiral balance

A handy person from New York says:
Not sure what this part is called. All of my windows have all lost the ability to stay put. I attached one that I could indentify was broken but I'm unable to name it. Part of the shoe?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210315_153244820_HDR.jpg.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210315_154121481_HDR~2.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! The part you are referring to is called a pivot shoe. I can definitely help you find what you need but I need a bit more information. I'd need to know the precise thickness and width of your pivot shoe. You'll find it easier to measure the part after you take it out of the window to get an accurate size.

A handy person from New York says:
Ok measurements are formatted as L x W x Depth/thickness

2" x 1-1/4" x 1/2"

I don't know if you can answer this but if I see no visable defects in the pivot shoe could it still be the reason why a top sash won't stay in place?

Thank you

Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210318_151928324_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210318_151638980_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210318_145354723_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210318_145410614_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210318_145334943_HDR.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Based on your measurements, our Pivot Shoe 15-046 looks like it would be a good fit. As for your top sash not staying up, your spiral balance might be the culprit. Spiral balances have the ability to be charged so I'd suggest try giving your balance 1-2 turns to see if that helps regain some tension. We also offer a Spiral Balance Charging Tool 75-006 for tilt windows if you have nothing on hand. If you skip to 1:18 in the video I've attached, you will see exactly how to do this. If you have any other questions let me know!

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.