We have several broken coil balances (not this one)

A home owner from Frederick, MD says:
We need the coil balances and the thing they coil around. We also need the plastic part that is supposed to stay with the window frame to keep it level. Any help would be appreciated!
Jeanie
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CF2372A7-71B0-45E6-A686-E040C388BCBE.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting, Jeanie. We should definitely be able to help supply this hardware. Before I recommend anything, can you show me a picture of the pivot shoe to which the coil attaches? Can you also tell me how thick the springs are? That will allow us to determine exactly what you need to repair your window.

Looks like the shoe is 9/16" which makes the coil 9/16"

It might be product code 15-215? For the shoe.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A5A0A6FC-37C2-430B-AABD-2D5184BE0822.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

It may be, but I'm afraid it's too obscured in your photo to know for sure. I can only see the top part of it, which doesn't tell me much. Would it be possible for you to remove your sash and show me another photo? That should be enough.

Sorry for the delay. Here are better photos of what we have. They were taken while the window was half way out (not on purpose!).
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 975D80C3-D29D-4BF8-A9B7-FB054C8CCE4B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EE06528D-1A42-4357-86E5-44B6798F0406.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B3EE8F6B-C2A9-4AD1-A0CA-957C3DF3C359.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9A205198-1547-4077-93FE-77F34711FF4C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named AD3A4A79-A3A2-46C4-973F-A6109BF0738E.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! That pivot shoe looks to be a match for our 15-175. This shoe is compatible with the 1/2" thick Series 152 coil spring. Look these parts over and see what you think.

A quick learner from Frederick, MD says:
How do you determine what pound rating of coil is required
Profile picture of Tom

You'd have to match up the stamp on your old spring to those options available for our Series 152. The stamp is printed on the side, so you'll have to remove your spring from the window to confirm which one to go with.

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.