Weather shield window balance

A quick learner from Pass Christian, MS says:
I have many windows not functioning because the balance and or shoe is broken or not functioning. Balance is marked 32D and measures 33". Can you confirm correct balance and shoe? Will need to order 6 pr (12 units)
Will also need a couple of cam pivots. Appreciate the assistance. Any advice on installation would also be appreciated.
Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 70ED7F59-3186-4FFD-9785-EABA4D3E1467.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named AB0BBF9E-F90B-4540-8777-A47CC1DCFDD7.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F4781348-2A62-4EDD-B4F5-C902EAE53A79.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D51C71B8-256D-4B86-9B7F-0D407708A0FD.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3B188D6C-3FA9-445E-84CB-CA3C44F1042B.jpeg
Can balance be installed with shoe attached using spreader or do I need to put shoe in place first and attach to balance?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Thanks for your patience during this busy season. We can absolutely supply this balance but it will have to be custom made in our shop since it's not a stock configuration. Basically, it would be our normal S751-33 but with the default bottom shoe swapped out for our special 15-233, to match your original. Does that look good to you?

If so, I just needed one last piece of information before we can pull the trigger on this. Can you tell me the exact weight of the sash that this balance supports, down to the ounce? Your stamp is very peculiar for this balance archetype so we will have to calculate your spring calibration from scratch. Knowing the sash weight will allow us to do that.

As for replacement, jamb spreaders won't be necessary. I actually don't even think they'll work on this kind of window without damaging the vinyl. You will need to remove the jamb liner entirely and slide the balance and shoe in from the end of the track. The video below will show you what I mean.

Hi Tom
Sorry for delay but taking jam out complicated process and I procrastinated. Finally got it figured out and now ready to get started on balance replacement.

Top window weighs 24.6 lbs and balance is marked 31D. Looks like I
need customized S751-32 with the 15-233 shoe

Bottom window weighs 25.4 lbs and balance is marked 32D. Looks like I
need customized S751-33 with the 15-233 shoe

Would like to order 8 of each to do first 4 windows. Will also add 8 long clips 8 short clips and 8 pivot sets.
This will get me started. Can you write this order up?
Thanks
Leo

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello again, Leo. Looking over this information, I think the following configurations will be ideal for these balances:

The stamps are a little different but they hold the same weight, so you should be okay. What I'll do now is email you a purchase link and price quote for both sizes that will allow you to add 8 each to your cart. that way you can checkout as normal.

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.