What Kind of Channel Balance and clips should buy to replace the broken one?

A home owner from CA says:

Hi Customer Department,

I want to order two channel balance and the clips to replace old one. First, the old style is 30 4 FN CALDWELL (please see attached pictures). I bought 31" 3030 to replace but they broken again. Could you please help me to identify what's kind of the channel balance and clips can replace the old one? Second, I bought another three channel balance which is S-385-34 from you on 7/2/2018. I wonder what kind of the clips I should to buy?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Elaine 

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us. One of the reasons the balance you bought broke could be because the stamp was wrong. For a 30-4 stamp, you should have gone with a 3040 option. 3030 would be too weak.

I'm also not sure what Series you chose. The stamp isn't an identification code, it only tells you how the spring is calibrated. Series is determined by referencing the nylon attachments on either end of the metal channel. Yours looks like it could be our Series 395.

I would refer to our Series 395 with a 3040 option. You may want to weigh your sash on a scale just to confirm that the 3040 option will work best.

You also mention clips in your post, but I don't know what that means. The word "clip" could apply to a half dozen related parts. Could you specify? Seeing a picture of it would be a huge help, too.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.