Which option to choose

A quick learner from Hillsboro says:
I have taken out one of the channel balances from my sliding up and down window and carefully matched it to the 21" Series 380 Channel Balance pictured above.

However the only numbers stamped on the balance are as follows: "20 4 EU CMC 2". How do I choose which option to buy? Does the 20 4 indicate it is option 2040?

The window is approximately 12 years old and the right channel cable broke causing the channel balance to fall to the bottom of the channel which is causing difficulty in removing the sash to get access to the other channel balance. Any tips to remove the sash from the window in this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Gary, thanks for posting. With a stamp like 20 4, then I also think the 2040 is a good match. You may want to weigh your window sash just in case.

As for removing the sash with a broken balance, you should be able to do it the same way. With the one balance out of the sash, first look up and follow the window track. You will see a take out clip that looks like our 16-002. Pop each of them out. Now carefully raise the sash, leaning to the side that only has one balance intact, and bring it up past those take out clips. That should disengage the balance and release the window sash, even though one side is busted. Check out the video below for more information.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.