Which sash stops do I need

A home owner from Clarkston Mi says:
Do you have these sash stops. 1/2"wide on top, 3/4" long on top, 3" long on the side? They are Weathervane windows.
Thanks, you guys are great! You made me some custom balances that look like they are a perfect fit and you have been very helpful. Good job!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named stop1.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named stop2.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named stop3.JPG
A home owner from Clarkston Mi says:
I guess its called a tilt latch.
A home owner from Clarkston Mi says:
Its called a top sash guide. Got it right this time.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your patience in this matter while we look into this. Yes, this part is known as a top sash guide. The problem is that I've never seen one like yours before. It's very large and I think it might also be very old, or at least that's what my research so far has suggested.

So I've been trying to look at it this way: a top sash's job is to cradle the balance and prevent it from shooting up in the sash. It doesn't really do much more than that. Plus, yours has a fairly simple design. It's just an upside-down L. This may be wishful thinking on my part, but I'm hoping that this simplicity of design will allow us to use a substitute.

The first thing to come to mind was one of our metal top sash guides, specifically the 18-010. We also have the 18-065, though I fear this may stick out too much. One major detail you'll note is that these don't have that "tooth" sticking down from the bottom of yours. I just can't predict if that will make a huge impact.

Another possibility--and this is a hail mary--is our 18-181. This does have something of a "tooth" and it is more or less shaped like an L, but it's very small.

Look these over and let me know what you think. I cannot guarantee that these will work but they are the best I was able to find. Sorry we couldn't get you anything closer to your original!

A home owner from Clarkston Mi says:
Thanks for the response. The 18-181 which is 9/16 wide is the only one that fits in the channel. But the hole is way up at the top and only a sliver of wood would be holding it. I appreciate the help, I'll reuse the ones that came with it which will work with the custom balances you made me. Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sounds good! If your old top sash guides are still functional then that's definitely the way to go.

If you run into any issues or if you have any other questions, feel free to let me know. We will do our best to help.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at help@swisco.com.