Window Balance

A home owner from Texas says:
17 inch length tube and 3/8 inch diameter. White bearing. Spiral type.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 68CF97C8-AB22-4AB5-A21C-8B7B80A5FD54.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 452D1196-43AF-4D17-BD82-0F082D89987B.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Take a look at our S400-17 Spiral Balance for a Non-Tilt Window. Go over all the specifications, and let me know if this looks like what you need. 

Yes....looks like the right one. I could also use the tensioning tool as well. What is the part # for that. (in the past I always used a coat hangar...real pain. The tool looks much easier)

Thanks
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Yes, the charging tool is definitely much easier in my opinion. That part number is 75-005. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. 

Thanks
A quick learner from Edinburg, TX says:

I need 2 3/8 by 17" balance and 2 for a 36" x 59" inch window -I do not know the length.

Also, I had bought 24" but the technician could not install it because he said that the system at the bottom of the window is rotted and could not hook the balance to the window. Do you have a screw or something we can attach the balance to the window?

Please, let me know and thank you very much,

Maria 

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

We have a 17-031 bottom screw on bracket and a 17-010 side mount bracket for the Series 400 balance. As for the balance size for your 59" window, I'm afraid we couldn't determine the balance length. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.