Window Balance

A home owner from Delaware says:
Hello. I am in need of a window balance. The part is 38" long as can be seen in the pictures. The windows are original windows from when I bought the house. Hopefully you can help me and you have the part in stock.

Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20221112_113405520.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20221112_113413305.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20221112_113451073.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hey there!

Your balance appears to match our Series 795 but this comes attached with the 15-195 closed-cam shoe by default. You would need to purchase the 15-195B separately and swap it with the default shoe. These parts just pop on and off, it's very easy. See the related video for exactly what I mean. There should also be a stamp on the metal channel that will indicate what spring strength option you'll need. 

Note, the Series 795 mounts to the top of the window track with a screw tab. If yours uses a hook, please let us know! We can still help but it would just need to be a custom order. 

Hello Emily. Thanks so much for the response! My balance had a screw tab with a string attached.

The stamp on the metal channel is a little hard to see but it looks like 38D BS. Does this mean anything? I don't see anything else.

So I need part S795-38, 15-195B and a new spring. Is this correct?

Thanks again. Super helpful.

Tony
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Tony. If your balance installs at the top with a screw tab then you can follow Emily's suggestion without deviation. Our Series 795 will work perfectly fine as-is, you just need to swap the default shoe out for the 15-195B (sold separately).

Your old stamp would match our own 38D option. You can ignore the "BS" marking, that isn't important in your case, it's just factory branding.

Thanks alot! I am going to buy what I need.

Much appreciated!!!
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.