Window Balance Parts for 2830 H D Balancer

A contractor from Utah says:

Pictures show the old balancer and that part that slides into the plastic track where it meets the part that holds the balancer's string. ( no picture shown of the part that holds the balancer's string) If you need more pictures please advise.

I just need to be sure that I am ordering the correct balancers. Please let me know the correct item number (s) needed to replace my window's balancers.

• Length of Channel Balance is 29"
  • Width of Channel Balance is 9/16 "
  • Top sash is 30 5/8" H X 30 1/2" W
  • Bottom sash is 31 5/8 H X 30 1/2" W
  • Both sashes have 1/2" insulated glass

Thank you for your help

Patrick

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6266.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6268.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6269.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6270.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6271.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your patience during this busy season. I apologize for the long wait, I have been away on vacation. I'm doing my best to catch up now.

We should be able to replace this balance, but I cannot identify what you have based on the information you gave us. There is one key detail that is missing from your balance, which is whatever shoe, clip, or hook that there was at the end of the cord. If you still have that, we'll need to see it in order to ID a match. It would be ideal if you use an undamaged balance for these pictures so that we can be sure nothing is missing. Thanks!

RE: Balancer parts for 2830 H D Balancer 77-153878

Thanks for getting back to me. Once identified, I need 12 balancers.

Please let me know if you require additional information.

Thanks,

Pat

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6339.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6329.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6327.JPG
Profile picture of Tom

Ah, perfect. Thank you very much, Pat. I'm glad I asked to see this shoe, since this will have to be a special order.

You see, my first thought was that you need our S751-29 balance based on the design of your metal channel and the pivot you showed in your fourth picture above. However, this comes with a 15-014 shoe, while yours is instead the 15-197. We'll have to install the 15-197 onto the S751-29 here in the warehouse before we can ship it out.

Does that sound good to you? We'll also be using the 28HD stamp to match your original. Two balances with this stamp can hold up a sash weighing 22 through 28 pounds. 

I'm going to email you an order link and price quote right now for 12 of these balances, but I highly recommend that you double check this information just to be 100% sure. You should just confirm that the 15-197 is the right shoe and that your sash weight falls in that range. If either of those two details is different than what I've surmised, please let me know and we can adjust.

Oh, one last thing. Your old balance used an S-clip to install at the top of the track. You can reuse your old S-clips, or you can purchase either our 19-029 or 19-030 (depending on what size you need). These are sold separately from the custom balance so I thought I'd let you know now, just in case.

re;153878 THANKS FOR INFO. Waiting order form .

Picture and size of S clip attached
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6344.JPG
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! I emailed it to you after my post, so you should have received it already. If not, check your spam filter just in case. Sometimes our emails get flagged by mistake.

As for the S clip, that looks like the smaller 19-029.

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.