Window Balance Replacement Assistance

A quick learner from Winter Garden Florida says:
Hello! I have a left and a right window balance in need of replacement. They are stamped 28D and are 1/2" wide and 29" long. The channel depth seems to be also 1/2". There are plastic pieces on the top and the bottom that both have wings. The top is 1 5/8" long 3/4" deep and 1/2" wide sitting in channel - if the feet are included it is 1" wide
The bottom is 7/8" deep, 1" long and as with the top, 1/2" wide sitting in channel - if the feet are included it is 1" wide

Can you please help me determine which part would be a replacement?

Thank you
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! I would start by looking at our S380-29. I think this may be a good match. A stamp of "28D," in this case, often corresponds to our 2840 option, but you can always weigh your sash to confirm.

Concerning the depth of the bottom shoe, we don't have anything less than 1". The S380-29 comes with the 15-005, which I think can still work, but if you find that it's still too large you could shave it down a little to size. I've done this before in the past.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)