Window Balance Rod Replacement

A home owner from Denver, CO says:
I need to order some replacement balance rods, but I wanted to make sure that I'm ordering the correct part. These are for a Linford window. The rod is 27" and is stamped with a #2640.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210116_122234.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210116_122239.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210116_122313.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210116_121111.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Does the top nylon fitting lack wings, like the bottom nylon shoe? Or does it have wings (i.e., side tabs) like our 19-005? If it lacks these tabs, see our S351-27 or S390-27. The only difference between these two balances is the depth of the bottom nylon shoe, or 'heel-to-toe' measurement, so compare both with your old hardware to see what matches best. The picture below illustrates the difference. In either case, choose a stamp option of 2640. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at