Window Channel Balance

A quick learner from Russellville, Arkansas says:
I think this is a 751 series. It has f 33TG stamped on it. The channel appears square. The channel doesn't appear ribbed but this is 40+ years old so who knows. It is 34 inches long. One of the knife shoes broke so this is why I'm trying to find a replacement channel The top attaches with a screw, doesn't use an "S" hook.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6264.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6267.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6268.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6270.JPG
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

At first glance, this does look like our Series 751 balance. However, your metal channel is indeed squared off, not ribbed. That's an important difference. 

We can help, but this will have to be a custom order. We basically just take parts from our stock to assemble you a functional replacement. We'll use our S770-34, but swap out the metal tab at the bottom for our 15-014 shoe. The S770 installs at the top using a screw as well. 

In order for me to get this moving for you, can you weigh your sash and tell me the weight? Ours uses a different rating system than your balance so I want to be 100% sure we're getting the right spring strength.

Once I have that, I can draft a price quote for the desired quantity. 

Thank you! 

A quick learner from Russellville, Arkansas says:
Hi!
Thanks for the quick response.
The sash weighs 25 pounds.
I will need 2 channel balancers for the window.
When you swap the metal tab for the shoe, 15-014, could you select the natural color instead of black? If not, no worries. I'll take what I can get.
Let me know when you have the price.

Thanks,
Steve
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Sounds good, Steve! I'll email you a custom balance purchase link and price quote for (2) S770-34 channel balances with the 15-014 natural color shoe and 34C stamp, which supports a sash weighing 22 to 27 lbs. You can use this to place an order on our website.

Let me know if you have any questions prior to placing your order! 

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.