Window Cranking device (window hinge).

A quick learner from Spring City, Utah 84662 says:

This hardware belongs to windows we bought 25 years ago. The windows were made by Pozzi who I believe sold out to Pella windows.

Written on the hinge is the name "Entry Guard"

I would like one of them but would purchase several to have on hand. I would really appreciate your help as the window can not be closed.

Regards,

Regina

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC05780.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC05781.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC05783.JPG
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Regina, thanks for posting. Take a look at the 39-035 operator to see if this is the one that matches up to yours. Also look at the other related parts and videos, they may be of some help.

Thank you Dave for your quick answer. I will take your advice and purchase crank 39-035 hoping that it is the correct part. If it is not I will come back and try another model. I will also want to purchase a few handles and caps.

I love the way you approach your customer service. It was so easy to follow your steps to contact you and also your follow-up for purchasing parts.

Regards,

Regina 

You're very kind to say so. Good luck with your project and please let us know if you needed anything else.

Hello Dave, Turns out that I need the part which is attached to the window frame at the bottom of the window. in other words the bottom part. I need them right facing and left facing. It is the little black plastic bar which is corroding on many of the windows.
Can you help? Thank you,
Regina
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC05855.JPG

Thanks for getting back to us. That little black piece is part of the hinge. They don't sell these pieces separately, unfortunately. You'll need an all new hinge set.

I recommend the 36-048. It's not exactly the same as your old ones but it will work if you swap out the top and bottom at the same time. Check out the video, too, which goes over our process.

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.