Window Part Repair

A home owner from Hawaii says:
Hi. Thanks for providing a place to ask for advice.

My windows are Certainteed brand installed new in 2005. Over the years, I have had problems with the coil springs breaking in these windows. I have replaced a few and have always found it a struggle - mostly when it comes to attaching the hole in the spring to the triangular mounting bracket. In your parts list the bracket is stated as #16-024. Is there a better mounting bracket available that will make the process easier?

Also, I don't see the two-hole spring (6LA) in your parts list. Is there a replacement part for it?

I'm replacing the double balance assemblies on both sides of the upper sash. Sorry, I don't know the weight of my window. Photos are attached.

Hoping you can help.
Aloha, Jim
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Double Coil Balance Assem.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Double hole coil 6LA.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. I agree that your bracket is a match for our 16-024. For the spring itself, it appears to match our Series 180, which is specifically designed to match the mentioned bracket. Look it over and see how well it compares.

As for there being a "better" option, I'm afraid there isn't. This particular design can be very frustrating to install, but they don't really make alternatives for this. Replacing coil balances is just difficult in general.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.