Window Parts

A contractor says:
Hi,
The part in the second picture is stuck at the bottom of the window track and won't slide up or down. I had to remove the bottom sash to take picture.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 33637D4F-0280-466D-BB8A-BA429D1E54F0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 50D6AC08-275E-4BE2-B1DA-648EB93549E5.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It sounds like the pivot shoe is in the locked position. You'll need to use a slotted screwdriver to rotate the cam and raise the shoe to remove it. See our video below. 

Once you can remove it, please show us another photo and confirm the exact width and thickness to compare to our inventory. Thank you!

A contractor from Queens says:
So I tried as you suggested. The cam rotates, but the whole shoe is jammed at the bottom and won't lift regardless of what position I turn it to. Making it impossible to remove at the top of frame like in the video. The plastic started to crack little so any more pressure I put on it, will definitely cause it to break.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'd recommend trying to lubricate the track with silicone and trying the shoe again. If that doesn't work, unfortunately, you may need to get a professional involved to troubleshoot the window in person in case there is an obstruction or some other reason the shoe won't budge. 

I tried lubricating it several times. It's just jammed pretty well and won't come out. I've been a contractor, for close to 20 years, so not exactly sure what a "professional" will do other than break it out since stuck pretty well. I'm fine with breaking it out if need be, but would it still be able to be matched up, once I do that? Which dimensions do you need to match up?
Thank you
Profile picture of Tom

The dimensions we need are the width and thickness. I'd recommend checking another shoe that might be easier to remove and take photos and dimensions of that one. Once we can identify your part, you can just break the damaged shoe further and remove the pieces to install the replacement. 

HI, Thank you for your advice. I did as you suggested. I took out the shoe from the right side of window without a problem. Here's a picture with the dimensions. Needed to get the show for the left side of window. Are you able to see the measurements clearly?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_IMG_6930.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

We're making progress but, unfortunately, we can't get accurate dimensions from photos. We'll need you to write out the exact width and thickness of your pivot shoe to confirm the best replacement option. Thank you!

So the measurements are 1 1/4 wide and 2 inches in length. Thanks again for your help.
Profile picture of Casey

Great, we'll also need you to confirm the exact thickness of the shoe to make sure that what we recommend will fit in your window channel. Thank you. 

It's 1/2 inch.
Profile picture of Casey

Great, take a look and compare our 15-046 to your pivot shoe.

Thank you very much! Just ordered. I manage a bunch of properties and deal with all the box stores and countless other stores and retailers, your guy's help, customer service, and overall professionalism far exceeds anyone else I've ever dealt with. Kudos to you and your owners / management for running a top notch place of business. Wish other business's would be more like Swisco.
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.