Window Question

A home owner from Pennsylvania says:
Is it possible to only replace bottom hinge?
The window does not crank back in to close.
Part #30744 Truth
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It is possible to replace your hinges, yes, but I don't think the hinge is your problem. Looking at this photo it appears that your operator has broken off of the track. Is that the part you were looking to replace? If so, would it be possible to see a clear picture of the whole mechanism? 

Yes that is exactly what has happened . The end came out of track as revolving piece on end that glides in track fell off. I have that part but there is no way to keep it in place.
Do I need to take wooden sill off of window to take picture of operator under wood?
Thank you so much for your help. So appreciate it!
Profile picture of Tom

Sure thing! I'm always happy to help.

As for removing the operator, it sometimes is necessary to remove the wood sill trim first. Not always, but sometimes. I would understand if that's a little more preliminary work than you wanted to invest at the moment. Can you at least show me the base of the operator; that is, the portion of it on the inside of the house, where the handle is? That would give me a better idea of what you're working with without having to take the whole thing out.

This is picture of operator location .
I couldn't figure out how to get picture to you in previous email.
I believe it's
TRUTH's RH ELLIPSE OPERATOR
# 36 x129- 87E
I would like to order this part and the correct screws to install
No handle needed as previously sent two handle for previous window repair that cost over $250 for hinges and operator to be installed by local company.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 55792B1C-21DF-4C81-914A-427BBF294E87.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! This is perfect, I can definitely work with the information we have so far.

My first recommendation is to look at our 39-014. I think this might be a newer version of your older part. Just note that the arm (measured from the wheel to the gear) is 13-1/2". If that's too long, we also sell the 39-028E, which is only 9-1/2".

Additional information for 39-014
Additional information for 39-014
My Grandson measured and said the 13 1/2 inch part is correct size. I would like to order that part and any screws that are necessary for installation. Do I use credit card for payment?
Profile picture of Tom

Great! Yes, all orders can be placed directly on our site at your convenience. 

I ordered the part today by phone. fingers crossed everything goes okay. So thankful and appreciative of your help!
Dorothy
Help needed again! the operator 39-014 13 1/2 inch arm that I ordered requires a different track than original one on window. I called to order that part and was told there are two different tracks available
39-533
39-505
the existing track on the window is 11 1/2 inches
there are no visible holes in side of track.
which track do I need?
there are tree screws attaching it to the window
Profile picture of Tom

Hello! The holes in question here are the screw holes, so if you have three screws then you have three holes. That would be the 39-533. We also have detailed photos on its store page that you can use as a reference to confirm.

thank you again. your prompt answers have been so helpful.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.