Window Repair

A quick learner from Simpsonville, SC says:
What parts are needed to repair a window?
The length of the spring attachment is 31 inches.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2931DF99-1394-4107-87E1-BB3903DAB395.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BFFCFABA-6BB3-4379-83B1-F77385302556.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 54E51562-321D-4723-AB98-C8CA908DBDD4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B39FB537-AA13-42B9-8804-A2653013108D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 144E43B6-AFF3-48E7-A645-B30813D1B3E1.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Looks like you need a few different parts. I'll start with the tilt latches, which are easiest: for those I recommend the 26-243 and 26-244.

The pivot bar can be ignored for now, and you'll find out why in a little bit. Basically you'll be changing that out with your balance, which is an old rod-type assembly that isn't made anymore. You're not going to find this exact design anywhere but we do sell a more modern channel balance that can be used as a substitute.

There are a couple catches, though. First, check the diameter of the spring to ensure that it's 1/2". If it is then you can use our Series 795 as a substitute. The process of repairing your window with this new style is involved, though; changing out the pivot bar is just one part of it. I recommend watching the video below for a detailed and step-by-step guide on what you have to do to get your window working again. This should cover everything but let me know if you had any questions.

How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.