Window Replacement Parts Needed (I think the manufacturer is Simonton)

A quick learner from Canton, MI says:

Hello,

I have attached three (3) photos showing the types of replacement parts I need for a number of my home windows. The windows are 20 years old, and I believe they were made by Simonton.

I would like to purchase a number of the plastic covers/holders for the balance springs, and also the correct tilt latches. For some of the windows, I have already removed the balance springs as the holders had broken completely.

Can you please let me know if you stock the replacements for these?

Thank you,

Mark

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance Spring and Tilt Latch Close Up.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Broken Balance Spring Mount.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Broken Tilt Latch Size.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi Mark, thanks for writing in. In regards to your tilt latches, I suggest you start by reviewing our 26-243 and 26-244. Be sure to carefully review their dimensions to see if this could be a match. As for the housing for your coil springs, it looks to be a double coil assembly. If this is the case, see our 15-150D!

Hello Julia,

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, it a double coil assembly. I just measured one that is not broken, it is 4 1/8 inches in length, so it appears the 15-150D is too short.

I will look at the tilt latches next.

Mark
Hello Julia,

With regards to the latches, I think the 26-243 and 26-244 ones could be correct. I took careful measurements using calipers, the length is 66 mm and the width is 17 mm. Those measurements are within about 1/2 mm from the conversion from the inches shown in your pictures.

I could use about 10 of them now, and I would expect to be replacing another 10 in upcoming years. I am wondering if I should make a large order of 20 now and if for some reason they don't fit, I assume I can return them? Or maybe I should just order one (1) set now to verify they fit?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

You can absolutely return them if they don't fit, as long as they are in undamaged condition and it is within 30 days of the time of delivery. You can view our full return policy here

How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.