Window Tilt mechanism

A home owner from Pittsburgh, PA says:
Here is a picture of one of the many windows that have a broken window tilt mechanism. Is this a part that can be replaced? Also, the one window showing still has the front latch attached. Most of them do not even have the front latch.

Thanks
User submitted a photo of a tilt latch.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. I'm not sure exactly what you have based on this image, but I can make a few suggestions for you to consider. Look at our 26-001 finger lever, 26-069 tilt, 26-016 spring, and 26-017 spring retainer. Let me know if you agree.
So I would be able to correct the spring loaded mechanism that allows the window to stay open without falling forward and also use the lever to be able to tilt the window if need be? There are 5 windows that need this. And is it fairly simple to install?

Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Replacing this hardware can be a bit tricky. Check out the guide below to see a diagram of what needs to go where. Keep in mind you will have to remove the top cap of your window sash. If you've never done this before, you might want the help of a local professional.
How would the window sash be taken off? Does the side come off? Because the top portion is affixed to the glass.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It's honestly different for every sash. It can be tricky, so if you've never done it before you may want a professional to come out and help you.
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Slide Latch Assembly Diagram
Slide Latch Assembly Diagram
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.