Window awning piece

A quick learner from Orlando, FL says:
Upon research it may be called a "vent latch", but unsure if this is the name. I have old aluminum awning window and as you crank it opens, and shuts but you can still push the window and it opens a little. Upon taking a picture it appears that the side that doesn't latch to be closed is broken. The picture attached on the left shows the ivory colored piece as unbroken and the one on the right shows as broken. Can you please advise as to what this piece is called. Thank you
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I don't believe this is a vent lock, know. It looks like our 36-015 Arm Window Hook. Is that a match?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)