Window balance

A quick learner from South Lyon, MI says:
I have been told by the manufacturer that I have Simonton dimension 1 series windows in my home manufactured 4/16/1996. The window will not go up and down smooth. Can you supply me parts?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 826C9CCC-49C4-46EF-ACAB-BC86C2D965B1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3BEB87AB-F447-4A19-90E1-5CDAE8831700.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0C86E414-4D83-4882-9436-0739CC2DA8F5.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

Sure, we'd be happy to help but we'll need to see a photo of your pivot shoe removed from the window in order to identify the compatible coil balances.

Thank you! 

Is this what you are looking for? Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E548AC02-4295-49FB-A915-A0B4104403B8.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CEA0E43A-A579-4732-B28A-1D9C6FDC54E2.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

Yes! Thank you for getting that for me. You pivot shoe looks like our 15-111 that's designed to be used with the 1/2" thick Series 160 coil springs. Look over our dimensions and compare them with yours to see what you think. As for what coil weight to select, check the coil spring for any stamped numbers. If there aren't any, tell me the exact weight of your sash and I can determine what you would need from there. If you need a new coil support, see our 15-150D.

I could not find anything stamped and the sash weighs 20 lbs. thanks so much for your help!
Profile picture of Emily

My pleasure! You can use (1) S160-4 4.5 pound spring and (1) S160-5 5.5 pound spring on both sides of the window which would total 20 pounds of overall support. If you have any additional questions just let me know and I'd be happy to help. 

Perfect. So just to clarify. I need two of each of the parts you've put in this stream to repair both sides of my window? Thank you

Profile picture of Emily

Yes, that is correct! 

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.