Window balance

A home owner from York, PA says:
As per the photos, I am looking to replace both window balances on my window. The length is 17 inches, the width is 1/2 inch, and the weight of the balance is 5 oz. There are no identifying numbers or color tips.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0859.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0861.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. I'm sure we can replace this balance for you, but I need you to confirm a few measurements. We have no spiral balances that are 1/2" in diameter. Could you double check this measurement from the top of the tube? That may help you get a better reading. If it's closer to 3/8", then see our S900-17. If it's 5/8", then you'll want to view our S600-17. As far as the right tip option to select, you will need to weigh not the balance, but the window sash that it supports. Get the exact weight of the window sash, and you can match it with one of the weight ranges listed alongside each stamp option on the product page. 

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.