Window balance

A quick learner from wV says:
I need to replace my balance and shoe on my Windows. Pictures are attached of mine. I need tilt 14B and 12B for a kitchen window. I bought a couple of the t- lock 1 1/4 ones for my balance but they don't clip into my balance correctly. Just a tad short. The cam fit into my plastic shoe and worked and the shoe would of worked but it wouldn't clip under the rivet in my current plastic shoe. My cam completely fell apart like rocks. But my plastic shoe needs replaced too because it's cracked.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Please see our Series 795 channel balance. This is the modern replacement for your old balance. The manufacturer decided that that groove at the bottom of your channel, near the shoe, was no longer necessary. I would just measure the width of your shoe to make sure it's 1-1/4". This is the size of the shoe that comes with our Series 795 balance.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)