Window balance

A home owner from Buffalo says:
Did not know if I bought the right parts<
Window balance
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure about this one. I see you purchased our Series 300 but I don't think that's it. Yours is very old. Before we recommend anything, can you tell me the diameter of the outer tube that goes over the spring? Can you also show me a picture of the sash and the track where this balance installs?
A home owner from Buffalo says:
it looks like 3/8 outside diameter
Spiral Balance
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! I believe our Series 400 would be better for you. I would also recommend our 17-031 bottom bracket. You can use a 33-078 screw to install the the tube at the top of the window and the 33-073 to attach the 17-031 bracket to the sash. I also think our 75-004 charging tool will be helpful for installation.
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.