Window balance hard to close

A home owner from USA says:
Hello. I believe I have windows the balances S751-34 33HD. Most of the windows are hard to open and close, but especially close. Would replacing the balances improve this issue?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It's possible your balance springs aren't up to snuff anymore, yes. The older they are, the more likely that's the case. Before I say anything for sure, though, can you tell me the weight of your window? I'm also thinking maybe it could be that the 33HD stamp isn't the best choice.

Two balances with that stamp can hold a window sash weight of 24 through 29 pounds.
A home owner from PA says:
Thanks! The windows are original and about 18-19 years old. I don't know the manufacturer. The stamp inside the window has "ws igcc. igmac WS Med"
I do not know the weight of the windows.
Profile picture of Tom
You will have to remove the window from the sash and place it on a scale to determine the weight. Any common bathroom scale should do.
A quick learner from PA says:
Hi. I realize this is an old post but I finally got around to the window project again. The weight of this window is 11 lbs. Which balances should I purchase to replace these 33 stamped ones? Do I also need to purchase the feet?
Profile picture of Tom
Hey, good to see you again. This balance will have to be custom made, since your window is so light. Check out this Custom Channel Balance Request Form I've started for you based on your specifications and fill out the blank fields. One of our representatives will get back to you with a price quote and an item to add to your cart.
A quick learner from PA says:
Thanks. I don't believe this is a ribbed channel balance though. Does that matter?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It does, actually. In your first post, you said you had a Series 751 channel balance, which is ribbed. Can you confirm what Series you have? If you want, you can take pictures of it and post it here for us to see.
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.