Window balance and parts

A quick learner from Fernandina Beach Fl says:
I'm sending pictures and measurements for you to look at so you can identify them for me for a window that I'm working on. The spiral balance measures 30 inches from top to bottom and a diameter of 7/16 inches. The part that it attaches to measures 15/16 inches wide, the height is about 2 1/16 inches and the side is 3/8 inches. The metal part which is good measures 3 inches in length and 5/16 inches wide. Thanks for your help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. For your pivot shoe, see our 15-212. This seems to match your old shoe's dimensions, particularly the width and thickness, but take a look and see what you think. This pivot shoe is compatible with our 26-040 Pivot Bar, as well as our 26-068 Pivot Bar. Review both and see which one you think is a closer match to your old pivot bar. Finally, remeasure your spiral balance's diameter and confirm if it's 5/8". Also confirm that the outer tube, not including the tip, is 30". If so, see our S600-30 5/8" Tilt Window Spiral Balance. You'll need to pick a Colored Tip option. To know what color to select, you'll need to weigh your window sash. You can then match that precise weight with one of the weight ranges listed alongside each colored tip on the product page. If you don't have a charging tool for your spiral balances, see our 75-006. Let us know if you have any questions. 

The 15-212 looks good also the 26-040 is good as well. The diameter of the plastic cover over the balance is 7/16 inches in diameter and the outer tubing measures 29 inches not 30. The 30 was with the tip as well.
Profile picture of Bob

I'm afraid we don't have a balance with a diameter of 7/16". I don't think any kind of balance was ever made in that size. I'm thinking it may have been 9/16" and was warped over time, but that's just an educated guess. If so, then our S600-30 should work fine.

Bad news the S600-30 is way to heavy in diameter then the old one. I took another measurement and maybe it coul be 3/8 inch which my original measurement was 7/16 inch. So do you have anything like that because this one is metal and the old one is plastic. Thanks
Profile picture of Bob

Sorry to hear the S600-30 didn't work. If 3/8" is the correct measurement, then see our S900-30 instead. Older spiral balances had a plastic outer sheath; but this has no difference in function, and the correct spiral balance will work fine regardless. 

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.