Window balances

A home owner from Mentor, Ohio says:
I have three double hung Hurd windows in my home that have two to four broken springs. My house was built in 1991 and they are original with the house. Aluminum clad windows. I also need to replace the pivot pins in at least one window and need the plastic pc attached to each of those springs as well. Are the springs from those windows available, and if yes, what information can I send to correctly identify the spring?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We may have the hardware you need, yes. I will need yo see pictures of your hardware removed from the window in order to identify them. Let me know!
A home owner from Mentor, OH says:
Attached is a picture of the spring and plastic clip attached which I need several of. I am 95% confident that these are Hurd windows.
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. Thank you, Jim. The shoe looks like our 15-104, but since your spring is broken then we cannot help. You would have to contact a local mill work that still makes wood windows and have them make you new jambs.
A quick learner says:

What is the best way to remove the old shoe? I think (will continue reading your site) I need 6 of your product 15-104. If I am correct, what is you shipping time, approximately.

Thanks is advance for your guidance.

Best regards,

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You need to remove the sashes, then the interior wood trim on the side of the window, and then finally you can remove the tracks to get to the springs.

For more information on delivery times, see our shipping policy.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)