Window coil balance

A home owner from Havre de Grace, MD says:
I have attached 2 photos of the balance ( I think that is the name). Can you help me find the replacement parts please?

Thank you,
Martin
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Martin. Check out our Series 190 coil spring and 15-180 pivot shoe and see if these could be what you need. I don't see the shoe in your picture so you will need to confirm. It also looks like you need new pivot bars, so see our 26-040 for a possible replacement. Use plenty of WD-40 when trying to remove the old one.
A home owner from Maryland says:
Thank you for the answer Paul.

You are correct, there is no shoe. Is there one single unit that can be purchased to take care of the one screwed into the side of window sash? (Pictured).

Martin
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You may be able to use our Series 140, but you will have to first make sure that it will fit in your jamb track. You also need to choose the correct strength version by weighing your sash and then dividing that in two; unlike other balance systems, coil balance strength is split between the two balances on each side, so if your window weighs 10 pounds you would want two 5 pound balances.
A home owner from Havre de Grace says:
Paul,

I installed the two balances and window pivot bars yesterday and the window works great.

Thank you for your help. I have passed along your website to my contractor and other investors for future use.

Thank you,
Martin
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.