Window coil balance & Extra Large Vent Lock

A quick learner from San Gabriel says:
I am in need of replacing the window coil balance on both sides of a double hung retro fit CertainTeed window as well as numerous Extra Large Vent Locks if you have them. I think I need the whole assembly because one side is completely broken and the other is getting there. The only number I could find associated with these parts is on the plastic piece that holds the coil. That number is 86180790. I have been unable to find any numbers on the side of the windows nor the coil itself. Hope you can help. Thank you.
coil balance
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for reaching out to us. Please begin by taking a look at our 26-148 vent latch as well as our Series 170 col balance. If these do not appear to be a match for you, get back to us with some measurements.
A quick learner from San Gabriel, CA says:
Thank you so much for getting back to me. It looks like you have exactly what I need. One question, can you tell me where, exactly, on the broken coil balance I might find this number stamp? Should I unravel it completely to find it? It's pretty tough to unravel but I will do whatever is necessary. Thanks.
A quick learner from San Gabriel. CA says:
Do I have to entirely unravel the broken coil balance in order to find the number stamp? Can you tell me where this number stamp usually appears on the coil? If I still cannot find the number stamp do I then have to send you the measurements of the coil, of the entire window or what? Thank you for your assistance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The number stamped on the coil is near the screw hole the the spring attaches to the pivot shoe. Let me know if you can't find it.
A quick learner from San Gabriel, CA says:
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you !!! Found the stamp and ordered the parts. So, we'er off to the races. I appreciate all your guidance.
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Vent Latch
How to Replace a Window Vent Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.